Roast Beetroot – & Pumpkin Salad
This roast beetroot pumpkin salad is a great hit with the whole family.
- 2-4 cups baby spinach (washed)
- 1 beetroot peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 cup pumpkin cut and cut into cubes
- 1 avocado, peeled and de-pipped, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 100gm feta cheese
- 10 black olives
- ⅛-¼ cup coconut oil for cooking
- Place the beetroot, pumpkin into into a roast pan.
- Drizzle over the coconut oil and bake in a moderately hot oven (170C) for ¾ hour.
- For the last ¼ hour add the pine nuts so they are slightly roasted.
- Prepare the spinach leaves on a large place and add the vegetables with the pine nuts once cooked.
- The vegetables should be slightly soft, not too soft. I like mine with a little bit of crunch left.
- Add the avocado, feta cheese and olives.
- Drizzle the cooking oil over the finished dish and enjoy.
RN, ND, BHSc, Author & Speaker