The feedback on this delicious and easy to make soup has been amazing. Hence I thought I would share it with you all.
The lentils provide protein that assists in Phase 2 liver detoxification. Lentils are one of the easiest legumes to digest and have been shown to help reduce belly fat. This recipe freezes well also.
The benefits of this soup are plentiful. Here are some of the benefits of this soup:
- quick and easy to make
- high in fibre, thus helping to keep you regular and feel satisfied after just one bowl of soup for lunch
- stimulates the adrenal system; adrenal fatigue is often seen in menopause women due adrenal imbalance
- increases vitality.
- has no saturated fat
- rich source of calcium, iron, zinc, potassium.
- Has low glycaemic index: so no blood sugar spiking often seen with high carb meals.
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil/coconut oil
- 1 cup red lentils (thoroughly washed)
- 6 cups vegetable stock (or add 2 vegetable stock cubes to 6 cups water)
- 1 tub tofu (200gm)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 parsley stalks for decoration so not absolutely necessary
- Sauté onion in oil on a medium heat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add lentils to onions with vegetable stock (or stock cubes).
- Add bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Cool slightly, remove bay leaf , then add tofu and liquidise in blender.
- Return to saucepan and heat gently. Season with sea salt, black pepper and chopped parsley.
Have any left over vegetables lying in the bottom shelf of the fridge? Add a mixture of carrots and broccoli to really give this soup some punch.
If you would like to receive up to date information on recipes in the menopause sign up today. Here is the link .
If you would like to email me with any questions here is my email: [email protected]
RN, ND, BHSc, Author & Speaker