Fresh Tuna in Coconut Curry Sauce in 30 minutes. Serves 4
This is a quick, delicious meal that really packs a punch and is so easy to make. You can substitute with a can of tuna if you are unable to source fresh tuna.
- 2 tuna steaks, chopped into pieces
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or virgin olive oil
- 1-2 cups broccoli, cut up
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 can diced tomato
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cilantro/ coriander for garnish
- 2 cups water for poaching tuna pieces
Let’s get cooking
- Bring 2 cups of water to the boil, lower heat to a simmer and add tuna pieces. Simmer for 8-10 minutes. Then remove to a side plate.
- While the tuna pieces are simmering, heat oil in a deep pan and saute onions until they are opaque. Add coconut milk and curry powder and stir well.
- Add broccoli and tuna pieces, tomato and lemon juice.
- Simmer for another 7 minutes.
Serve over rice, or rocket.
RN, ND, BHSc, Author & Speaker