Delicious Choc – & Nut Balls
Dates contain substantial amounts of dietary fibre and therefore are beneficial in improving the digestive system.
They are great in the treatment of constipation and maintaining regular bowel motions.
Dates are also rich in minerals as well as vitamins A, B1, B2. B3, and C.
I make a batch of these up every week and leave in the fridge for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1 cup pitted dates
***if using Medjool dates no need to soak, if using dried dates, soak in 2 tablespoons water or orange juice***
- 1 cup cashew nuts (or your choice of nut)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted over a low heat
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- ½ cup desiccated coconut for rolling
- Using a good quality blender/food processor, blend the dates to a nice thick paste.
- Blend in the nuts in short bursts so as to maintain some texture.
- Mix the melted coconut oil with the cacao powder then add to mixture.
- Mix together and roll into balls, then roll in desiccated coconut.
- Store in fridge in an airtight container.
These balls will last for up to one week.
RN, ND, BHSc, Author & Speaker