This delicious curry can be made 2 days ahead if kept covered in a refrigerator or can be frozen for 2 months.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2.5 kg beef pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cardamon pods
- 2 tablespoons tamarind sauce (can substitute with lime juice, white wine or rice vinegar)
- 1 & 1/4 cups coconut cream, extra
- 1 teaspoon plain flour (can substitute with corn flour)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander for garnish if available
Let’s get started
Blend the onion, garlic, nuts and coconut cream until smooth.Combine the mixture and lamb in a large bowl, stirring well until the lamb is coated. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add coriander, cumin, ginger and cardamon pods. Stir over heat for 2 minutes, until the fragrances are released.
- Stir in the lamb mixture and cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes or until the lamb is browned all over. Stir in the processed mixture and extra coconut cream.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer covered for 30 minutes. Remove cover and simmer for a further 30 minutes or until lamb is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Blend flour with water, stir into lamb mixture, stir over high heat until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in coriander just before serving.
RN, ND, BHSc, Author & Speaker