Hot & Spicy Nuts Snack
This is an absolutely a wonderful recipe to spice up your nut range.
I enjoy a handful of nuts a day and this delicious recipe helps to give a boost to my day.
I put mine into beautiful jars like the one in the picture as they make great gifts. You can also substitute the nuts and seeds I have used in this recipe for whatever you prefer.
Firstly preheat your oven to 300F (150C).
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 3/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 cups nuts (such as walnuts, cashews , almonds)
- 1/2 cup mixture of sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds
- Beat egg white until soft and foamy. There should be no clear liquid remaining at the bottom of the bowl once you have finished this step and ready to move on.
- Add the sugar, salt and spices, very lightly mixing into the egg white.
- Stir in nuts and seeds until well coated.
- Spread mixture in a single layer onto an un-greased and unlined baking pan.
- Bake nut and seed mixture for 15 minutes.
- With a metal spoon, toss, stir, and separate nuts and seeds.
- Reduce oven to 250F, (120C) and return mixture for another 10 minutes until the nuts and seeds are a medium brown.
- Remove from oven. Toss, and stir again and then leave out to cool.They will crisp as they cool and produce a lovely dry mixture.
What is your favourite treat? Pop in a comment below if you found this recipe one worth sharing.
Sign Up Now For FREE 5 DAY Access To The Menopause Weight Loss Summit 2017
- Be inspired when you watch these videos online from women who understand your frustrations and show you how to lose weight and have more energy in your day!